Sunday 8 May 2016

Top Points for Standing Position- Air Rifle

    As I can recall, I always had a problem of  sway in my body which apparently means my standing was not good. My coach would always tell me to keep my feet shoulder width apart but that didn't seem to work for me. I know, I know now you must be wondering shoulder width brings the equilibrium between our body weight and the rifle weight yet, there are many other petty things that one needs to keep a mental note of. Sway is just one aspect of standing position problems rather  there are quite a few. I'll share my experience with you.
    Correct positioning of your feet is one important thing you must keep in mind. Your feet should be 90 degrees away from the target though a slight tilt in your right foot is acceptable for comfort of your pelvic bone. Not standing in the right position can form a deformity in your pelvic bones over a period of time.  Shooting position changes over a period of time and there are many ways of building your shooting position. It entirely depends upon our body build and body type and past injuries possibly which makes it difficult to consistently perform without these factors.


    Muscle Involvement:  Too much of stiffness in muscles and leaving them too lose can cause your shooting scores to decline. While we aim, we must coincide with our body's centre of gravity. Using our bones or can say involvement of skeleton can help a lot. Resting your rifle close to your body's centre of gravity can help you in obtaining balance closer to that of just the body and less muscle involvement which brings the swaying body and rifle back to equilibrium and reduces muscle tremor, tiredness and aim area.  The minimum the rifle movements, the better! I would personally recommend to use less muscle involvement while standing because the more muscles are involved in your technique the bigger will be the  aiming area, body sway and irregular movements patterns. Relaxing in all parts of the body while aiming at the same time will help you perform much better. Some areas require high muscle activation while some require the minimal. Your right arm/ shoulder are one of these. While mounting your rifle to your shoulder you might require a slight firmness and a little pressure backwards so that the butt plate remains intact.
    Well, I guess this much should be enough for you to concentrate on in one session to enhance your standing endurance. I will keep blogging for your help and keep you posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment